The Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society is establishing a new annual award recognizing bedside nursing excellence. Five deserving individuals will be recognized for receiving the inaugural award at the 2022 PCICS Annual Meeting in Miami, Florida.
Award recipients will receive free registration to the 2022 Annual Meeting, a year of complimentary PCICS membership, and recognition at the Annual Meeting during the Friday morning plenary session.
Applications are open now and will be accepted through June 30, 2022.
- Nominees must spend the majority of their time providing direct bedside patient care to congenital heart disease patients.
- Nominees must have spent more than 10 years at the bedside in an ICU.
All disciplines caring for patients with cardiac disease in an ICU can submit nominations. The person making the nomination must be an active member of PCICS. However, the nominee is not required to be an active member.
To Nominate a Deserving Individual:
- Complete the application form below and include 2-3 paragraphs about why this person deserves to be recognized for excellence in bedside CVICU care. Specific stories and details about how this person’s care impacts a patient’s outcomes will be scored higher. Nomination of individuals representing nursing diversity (including geographic, racial/ethnic, gender, and all other forms of diversity) is strongly encouraged. Points will be awarded for:
- Years of bedside ICU experience
- Other awards granted to the nominee that demonstrate excellence in nursing (for example, Daisy award)
- Specific examples that illustrate the nominee’s bedside nursing excellence, including teamwork, clinical judgment, advocacy for patient and family, innovative solutions to provide individualized care, and mentoring of new nurses to the unit.
If your nominee is selected, you (and supporting colleagues) will be required to participate in a video interview discussing the candidate’s qualifications for the award. Interviews will be scheduled in August and September via Zoom. These videos will be shown at the Friday morning plenary session during the Annual Meeting. A media release will be required from all video participants. Failure to participate in the video interview by September 15, 2022, will result in disqualification. Please do not use any patient names or identifying patient characteristics unless a signed written consent form from the family is obtained and submitted at the time of the interview.
Nominating institutions must agree to pay for travel, room, and board for the award recipient to attend the PCICS Annual Meeting in Miami, Florida.